Saturday, January 8, 2011

Elvis Study, 2B

(This poem refers to some Presley facts. See: http://oldies.about.com/od/elvispresleyhistory/a/elvistrivia.htm)


The shroud around him his redemptor,
A triune of his perished twin,
The Christ of Turin, and other Romance
Out of place in Italy like Jerry
Schilling ratcheting the meter of tender loving,
Is only one parcel of praise.

This rakish presage of an end to the vite
Often captured in his own wrap
To alleviate the unanswerable perusal
Of banality. He woes:

“Jessy can you sing to me?
Elvira is there a tomorrow
And do I want to be there?
Leave me a message in the tureen,
Ladle my hope, tether me to now,
Feed me like an aphid, an office coffee,
A Mafioso and linguini. My imaging
Is on the textile. Harvest it, bard,
with sound made word."

No comments: